Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
The CarGurus Labs team is looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer to work on exciting new projects in the automotive space! These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing.
Examples of recent public initiatives:
- P2P Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
- Instant Offers Helping sellers who sell privately get the best offer from a local dealer through a real time auction.
- Dealer Finance - Enabled users to shop dealer inventory with real financing rates. (Spun out into an independent Digital Retail team.)
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer facing feature, to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine whats next.
- Advocate for new technology and new methodologies
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
Who You Are:
- Expert in OOP (Java preferred)
- A true Full Stack engineer (a little UI work doesn't scare you)
- React experience would be a huge plus
- Solid experience in the data layer including SQL, caching strategies, and Relational Database Design
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious and plays well with others
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From