The metrics engine team focuses on data-driven metrics development for systems and subsystems to guide training and evaluation of our neural networks and av stack components. The team charter is centered around three core concepts. First: how should we score the AV system as a whole in a way that is compliant with legal, ethical and ride comfort related constraints? Second: given such system level score, how do we score subsystems in a way that informs progress towards the system level goals? Third: how do we quickly obtain such system level metrics via large scale simulation?
The Senior Software Engineer will work with AV stack C++ code to perform regression tests on av components using annotated data, collect metrics, automate the collection workflow, implement submodules such smart agents to improve metrics quality.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop clean software for the simulation modules that interface with all key av components such as perception, prediction, planning, localization and control.
- Design and build clean and testable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of various av components.
- Collaborate with ML research scientists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Use your deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree or higher (Masters or PhD preferred but not required) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.