At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching, skill development & feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, train & retain hourly talent at scale. We've already attracted an elite roster of hundreds of customers, including Pepsi, Kroger and Dollar General. We just closed our series A and are growing our core team.
We are looking to expand our fully-remote Engineering and Product team with a Senior Software Engineer who can independently architect, build, and deploy robust, clean-looking web applications and subsystems using modern tooling and patterns.
This role works closely with the CTO to maintain existing products and their underlying systems, as well as build out new features and the supporting infrastructure. A good candidate will be expected to make design choices that balance ease-of-implementation with resilience at scale, and own delivery end-to-end.
- Work with the product org to develop new features and internal tools
- Monitor application performance and triage issues
- Propose and implement designs for scalable new systems
- Participate in prioritization of engineering work items among other goals
- 6+ years experience writing production-grade software
- Strong command of CSS and style processors
- Experience building web apps with React
- Familiarity with Webpack or task runners like Gulp, Brunch, or Grunt
- Experience building web services with Python
- Strong familiarity with a modern web framework such as Flask, Django, Spring, Rails, etc
- Strong understanding of REST and principles for robust API design
- Strong understanding of ORMs and underlying query structures
- Experience with relational database query optimization
Nice to haves
- Experience with native mobile application development a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Work space stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission