Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Toast is searching for impact-driven, front-end-focused engineers passionate about building e-commerce and other self service platforms and technologies. Front-end engineers work closely with other engineering teams, user experience teams, and product managers to construct e-commerce solutions that increase customer satisfaction and drive profitability. You will create not just applications, but the experience and relationship Toast has with our customers ensuring they can order smarter, faster, and more efficiently.
About this roll*:
- In this roll*, you will design, architect and implement the front-end experience for our e-commerce applications in collaboration with product management and designers.
- Follow best practices for testing front-end applications, including unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Ship code that has a massive impact on the growth of Toast and its customers
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2-3+ years of FE/React experience
- Ensure quality by focusing on performance and automated tests
- Know how to prioritize technical requirements and design needs
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- Passionate about the restaurant industry
- Enjoy working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Familiar with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Magento and ecommerce solutions
Our spread* of total rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Commuter benefits
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.