If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply for the opening. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the table at Takeoff!
Although we are a "remote first company" at the moment, we do need this person to be physically located in the Greater Boston area. Secondly, this is an immediate opening and hire for us so please only apply if you are able to start a new FT role in the next few months. If you are graduating in May/June of this year and are looking to start a new role shortly after, please go ahead and submit an application through our "general application" link -- we would love to chat!
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms. Knowledge of GCP and experience in building GCP-based solutions preferred, AWS or Azure experience welcome.
- Experience with designing and building data warehousing solutions (preferably in GCP)
- Experience with containers and container management platforms (preferably Kubernetes), highly available systems, infrastructure as code patterns and canary deployment approaches.
- Experience with serverless technologies, microservices architectures, web services, RESTful APIs, message queues, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Agile principles and Scrum or Kanban methodologies.
- Result oriented
- Responsible with a strong sense of ownership
- Humble, honest, and open to management and colleagues
- Design and develop new services using Golang.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code.
- Write automated tests and documentation.
- Maintain and improve existing codebases.
- Work across teams on common patterns and practices.
- Partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Participate in on-call duties (as needed).
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.