We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer with a passion for data analytics to join Recorded Futures Analytics Team within the R&D organization. You will be joining a group of talented engineers, linguists, and data scientists that share a common interest in solving challenging data analytics tasks in large distributed systems with rich data. The teams responsibilities include core parts of the analytics pipeline such as data harvesting, natural language processing, structured data analytics, predictive analysis, and more. We strive to make our data as actionable and comprehensive as possible and have fun while doing it.
You would get the chance to develop great software in a fast-moving environment in close connection to our global clients and their needs. Together well improve our product to meet increasing demands while focusing on scalability and quality. You will also get a chance to experiment with new technology and explore what solutions are most suitable for solving real-world problems. You would join a dynamic team eager to take on new challenges and are passionate about what they do.
What you'll be doing as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Develop backend-oriented functions and features using primarily Scala and Java
- Work together with our product design team to understand and deliver customer value
- Continuously design, develop, and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, excellent quality, low latency, and scalability
- Measure and evaluate features and system metrics to continuously improve backend functions and service performance
- Be proactive and go beyond expectations
- Solve exciting and challenging problems related to vast data volumes, real-time analysis, and threat intelligence
What you'll bring to the Senior Software Engineer role:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in API development
- Experience in RabbitMQ or other Message Brokers is a plus
- Experience in Elasticsearch and MongoDB is a plus
- Passionate about backend related development and solving challenging problems
- A good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to work all the way from high-level architecture design down to efficient code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams, and business audiences
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education/work experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Web or Data Harvesting
- Experience working with Data Science concepts
- Established understanding of DevOps
Diversity has been essential to Recorded Future since day one, and that is clearly visible in all teams in the company, yet theres always room for improvement. In essence, we welcome applications that will help us improve this even more.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
With over 600 employees, $140M ARR, 1,000 clients, and 50% year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the worlds largest privately-held security intelligence company! Recorded Future employees (or Futurists), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things youd rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: Whats happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.