About The Team
Senior Software Engineer (Intralinks, Inc., an SS&C company; Waltham, Massachusetts)(multiple positions):
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a highly agile, innovative, and talented team involved in the design and development of complex software components for a distributed content management and collaboration platform, which will be leveraged by the Intralinks portfolio of applications in a highly available and secure SaaS environment.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Engaging Product Management and other stakeholders on the feasibility of the proposed requirements and the effort necessary to implement these requirements;
- Reviewing high level design documents that describe the implementation approach;
- partnering with the rest of the team to develop a detailed design towards implementation and their dependencies;
- Independently designing and implementing complex components based on broad requirements;
- May research, evaluate, and make recommendations to management on new technologies;
- Interacting with Performance and Capacity planning teams to ensure that the product has met all the necessary performance and scalability requirements prior to production deployment;
- Interacting with Operations and Release Engineering to produce installable components that make up the final product that is production ready;
- Mentoring junior team members on the product, process, and its implementation towards team success;
- Actively self-improving by initiating and participating in learning initiatives, thus broadening individual and teams skill set;
- Embracing iterative development and agile process principles;
- contributing towards the maintenance of active releases in production.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of related experience using Java and Object-oriented technologies.
- or in the alternative, a Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- or a related field, plus 3 years of related experience using Java and Object-oriented technologies.
- 3 years of experience working with distributed and concurrent systems, including multithreading, asynchronous programming model, and event driven programming environment;
- 3 years of experience with micro-service and serverless architecture;
- 2 years of experience with performance and scalability concepts; proven knowledge of DevOps Practices, including CI/CD principles, automated configuration management, Docker containers, and Kubernetes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven team leadership, coaching, and ability to provide performance reviews;
- Full application stack experience in a SaaS environment. (Unless otherwise indicated, employer is seeking ability in the skills listed above with no specific amount of years of experience required. All experience can be gained concurrently.)
Use job reference R01994