Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our tools. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out coverage on us in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are ~100 employees and growing rapidly.
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote. #hybrid
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
You love solving problems. More than that, you want to take part in solving the defining problem of our time: powering the world sustainably. Youre talented, youre creative, and youre focused but you want to work on a problem that actually matters. And you want to work at a place full of friendly, kind, and mission-oriented people.
Were the EnergySage engineering team that has built the number one online comparison-shopping marketplace for all things green and renewable energy. Through unbiased information, transparency, and choice, we strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online.
We believe in people and interactions over heavy processes. We value quality and best practices, but are also pragmatic enough to realize that we sometimes have to ship before its perfect. We work hard but also value our teammates as people, respecting their time outside of the office work-life balance is our norm rather than our wish. We have fun but, more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life. We have a collaborative team of skilled engineers that support each other in learning and solving hard problems.
Were the EnergySage Engineering team...Who are you?
You have some experience, maybe even a lot. Either way, you have a lot of talent and are excited to grow and learn. Join us as we strive to be our best because continuing the modern way of life requires easily accessible renewable energy.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- Able to design and implement features in a commercial web application with minimal guidance
- Comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and helping to define the right solution for the business
- Able to debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Able to learn new skills and technologies and use them productively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with and support teammates
For more information about our tech stack, please see our stackshare here. Candidates are not expected to know all the languages and tools we list, but should be able to learn what is needed for their role (front-end, back-end, or full-stack).
We are EnergySage.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market. We encourage you to apply even if you have less experience than what is listed. In that case, we would consider you for a different role.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skill sets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
#jobopening, #hiring, #careers, #employment, #EnergySage, #hybrid, #engineering