Office Tour Photos
The Tours Engineering team is a hub of talented product managers, engineers and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
Teams within Tours Engineering work on everything from solving large scale data optimization problems to bringing beautiful user experiences that delight our travelers.
What youll do:
You will be work closely with a cross-functional engineering team including 3 other engineers, designers, a scrum master, and a product manager to build modern enterprise solutions focusing on our sales and enrollment applications. You will be a part of the the entire software design life cycle, from brainstorming and design through testing, release and ongoing maintenance. You will be expected to ensure the software we write is universally reliable, robust, accurate and scalable.
In short, you will be doing things like:
- Working with C# (both .Net Core and .Net Framework), React, Docker, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB and REST APIs in implementing new services from the ground up in an efficient and sustainable AWS ecosystem
- Anticipating complex technical challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Diving deep into the core of our most important financial systems to help refine, refactor, and in some cases, re-implement them
- Contributing to the craft of software development by discussing new technologies, patterns and tools, and sharing best practices across the engineering organization
- Identifying and addressing performance issues and data integrity issues
Who you are:
You are passionate and thrive in a collaborative environment. You get excited about new technology and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software you deliver.
Were looking for:
- 6+ years of industry experience developing enterprise applications using modern, problem appropriate technologies
- Deep knowledge of a popular and strongly typed language, like Java or C#, applied in a professional environment developing applications for re-use and scale
- Previous success woking in and maintaining a large-scale payment processing, ERP, or SCM platform
- Industry experience with high-availability data storage and queueing technologies
- Passion for leveraging the best of breed technology, and an aptitude for learning and using new technologies
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks and libraries such as React
- Knowledge of managing AWS infrastructure as code (preferably with Terraform)
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance architectural patterns to manage scope
- Enthusiasm to work anywhere in the stack, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Enthusiasm for modern DevOps practices (including containerization and Kubernetes deployments)
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in two of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
EF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and if there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com