EF Ultimate Break inspires young adults to participate in life-changing travel experiences across the globe. EF Ultimate Break is a division of EF Education First and is the easiest way to travel abroad for anyone 18-29 years old. Every trip gives travelers the chance to make friends, explore new places, and immerse themselves in different cultures on fun, affordable, life-changing adventures.
What youll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, youll play an important role in developing software solutions to complex business problems in an e-commerce ecosystem. You will coordinate with UX experts, product owners, analysts, and other development teams to help deliver solutions with direct business impact. As part of the Scrum team, you will ship iterative code to production frequently. You will be working to grow and maintain applications using cutting edge technologies, including:
- React (with React hooks)
- AWS (ECS, SNS/SQS, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- GraphQL (Apollo)
Who you are:
- You are passionate about your work and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- You are self-motivated and eager to contribute to the business and team above all else.
- You have a strong aptitude and desire to learn new technologies, give and receive constructive criticism, and grow outside your technical comfort zone.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using any JS framework or stack
- Experience with NodeJS and any server framework such as Express
- Experience working on customer-facing, highly interactive web applications
- 2+ years of experience with core AWS services including Lambda, ECS, SQS/SNS, IAM
- Experience and desire to mentor junior developers
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with a modern headless CMS
- Event-based architecture
- MongoDB or AWS DocumentDB
- Unit testing using frameworks such as Jest
- GraphQL using frameworks such as Apollo
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- .NET Core 3.1 or 2.1
- AWS Cognito, Step Functions
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: Black[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.