Who we are
At CarGurus (NASDAQ: CARG), our mission is to give people the power to reach their destination. We started as a small team of developers determined to bring trust and transparency to car shopping. Since then, our history of innovation and go-to-market acceleration has driven industry-leading growth. In fact, were the largest and fastest-growing automotive marketplace, and weve been profitable for over 15 years.
What we do
The market is evolving, and we are too, moving the entire automotive journey online and guiding our customers through every step. That includes everything from the sale of an old car to the financing, purchase, and delivery of a new one. Today, tens of millions of consumers visit CarGurus.com each month, and ~30,000 dealerships use our products. But they're not the only ones who love CarGurusour employees do, too. We have a people-first culture that fosters kindness, collaboration, and innovation, and empowers our Gurus with tools to fuel their career growth. Disrupting a trillion-dollar industry requires fresh and diverse perspectives. Come join us for the ride!
Our B2B engineering team, Dealer Solutions, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Cambridge, MA. On the Dealer Solutions team youll enhance or create new product offerings for car dealers to help their vehicles reach interested shoppers. Potential project opportunities: create algorithms to identify fraudulent listings to help protect consumers and dealers, create interfaces on top of third party tools, create micro-services to improve application scalability and flexibility, and gain hands-on experience with the digital marketing ad-tech domain. CarGurus is a tech company, you dont need to know about cars to work here.
What you'll do
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve project efficiency while reducing waste.
- Utilize appropriate frameworks to build highly maintainable code.
- Write code that is performant and takes advantage of caching strategies when appropriate.
- Have a say in future direction of technologies and standard methodologies.
What you'll bring
- 5+ year of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications preferred
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Goal-oriented engineer with a product focus
- Able to collaborate well with teammates
Working at CarGurus
We reward our Gurus curiosity and passion with best-in-class benefits and compensation, including equity for all employees, both when they start and as they continue to grow with us. Our career development and corporate giving programs, as well as our employee resource groups (ERGs) and communities, help people build connections while making an impact in personally meaningful ways. A flexible hybrid model and robust time off policies encourage work-life balance and individual well-being. Thoughtful perks like daily free lunch, a new car discount, meditation and fitness apps, commuting cost coverage, and more help our people create space for what matters most in their personal and professional lives.
We welcome all
CarGurus strives to be a place to which people can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialstarting with our hiring process. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We foster an inclusive environment that values people for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Thats why we hope youll apply even if you dont check every box listed in the job description. We want to know what only you can bring to CarGurus.
US employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. #LI-Hybrid