Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payor industry. Our mission is to ultimately create a more personalized patient experience, improve health outcomes, and lower the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payors access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. With the Abacus Insights platform, health plans can ingest and manage the information they need to support analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million from industry-leading private equity firms. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to join us.
About the role:
Our Platform Engineering team is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer. This team is responsible for delivering a seamless end-user experience with their data. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be exposed to every aspect of our platform and help drive the products' evolution as we continue to grow. We value innovation and encourage you to bring your knowledge and expertise to build out new platform components. If you are interested in guiding a critical feature delivery team to solve complex healthcare data problems, this position is for you.
- Contribute to existing REST APIs that support our broader platform
- Evolve our platform by delivering a smoother user experience in Snowflake
- Be an advocate for best practices in areas such as cloud architecture, code quality (Python), CI/CD
- Be a steward in cost-effective, scalable cloud architectures
- Guide regression and performance testing of components as needed
- Propose designs and interface with engineers, product managers, and possibly customers to build the right solution
- Optimize data delivery, design, or re-design infrastructure for greater scalability, availability, and reliability
- Consult on architecture to separate sensitive healthcare data among multiple customers in a multi-tenant environment
- Mentor and grow your peers
What we are looking for:
- Proven programming skills, preferably Python
- Previous REST API design work and experience in a CI/CD environment
- In-depth experience building and shipping highly scalable and distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with AWS services (EMR, Athena, Redshift, Kinesis, SQS, DynamoDB), serverless architectures (API Gateway, Lambda), and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation using Terraform and GitLab
- Background working in an Agile delivery framework
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new things
- Prior experience growing teams to evolving technology stacks in their cloud journey
- Experience with Snowflake or DataBricks
- Prior healthcare technology experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company helping drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.