As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on Algorithms, Geometry, and 3D Graphics, you will work on our slicer -- the engine that translates a 3D model into instructions for the printer. This includes both the algorithms (mesh generation, medial axis computation, etc) and user interface (for visualization and editing). You will be enabling new printers, materials, and features that allow our customers to print industrial-quality parts that will be used on the factory floor and directly on consumer products.
What will you own?
- Design, build and maintain our Slicer to transform customer parts into machine instructions
- Implement cutting-edge geometric algorithms that unlock the potential of our 3D printers
- Continuously optimize our code and data structures for correctness and speed
- Build internal tools to help our engineers visualize, instrument and debug the 3D printing process
- Work closely with R&D engineers to perfect print quality across our lineup of devices and materials
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 5+ years experience building and shipping high quality code
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Strong background with 3D graphics, computational geometry and relevant math (e.g. linear algebra)
- Strong intuition for physical systems
- Understanding of polygon mesh modeling and file formats
- Broad technical knowledge in object-oriented design and implementation, design patterns, and software development methodologies.
- Ability to thrive within a cross-disciplinary team with both technical and non-technical members
- Passion in keeping up with the latest advances in 3D printing and computational geometry
- Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pride in driving projects through to production that enable customers to solve their problems
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Node, Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience profiling and improving software performance
- Experience with web-based visualization frameworks (Canvas, D3, Three.js, WebGL and more)
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and 3D modeling libraries
- Experience with robotics
- Advanced degrees such as Master's or PhD in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change