Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management;all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
You are a talented, motivated Senior Software Development Engineer in Test who is capable of performing testing and quality assurance for our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing automation tests to ensure quality and expected functionality. You seek to work with others to best understand business requirements in order to develop corresponding test plans, test cases and test data, as well as execute manual testing scenarios when appropriate. Focus, enthusiasm, a dedication to excellence and constant desire to learn are all personal characteristics you possess which are highly valued in the VP organization.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of abilities in order to successfully contribute to the team. You are able to skillfully:
- Develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery
- Develop and maintain a current and thorough understanding of existing system design, architecture, and business logic.
- Work with affected Business and user areas to develop and document detailed test suites using our behavior driven development model.
- Provide project management with software testing effort estimates for project planning and scheduling purposes.
- Thoroughly analyze test execution results to ensure that the work products comply with approved design and documented requirements.
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes.
- Actively participates in requirements and design reviews, release readiness reviews and other inspections.
- Participate in the coordination and monitoring of software development activities including all related meetings, walkthroughs, technical reviews, testing, and problem resolution.
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggests process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring.
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide ongoing process improvement and efficiency metrics for the department.
- Be adaptable enough to work on whatever is necessary to finish tasks.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technology experience, all will be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications.
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Show an ability to learn and solve issues in a timely manner – currently using languages Java, Kotlin, Selenium, and Cucumber for test development.
- 5 or more years of SDET/CI/CD/Automation experience
- Experience using automation testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with formal testing processes.
- Test case and test scenario writing; both manual and automation.
- Experience working with scripting languages and APIs
- Knowledge of services, web technologies and n-tier browser-based applications.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of formal defect management processes.
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third part apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through partnerships with our secure vendors.