Join the team building Alexa, the service powering the wildly successful Amazon Echo! You can help us invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features that allow Alexa to provide customers with precise answers to challenging questions. You’ll build state-of-the-art solutions to bleeding edge problems in search, question answering, and spoken language understanding. Our team combines machine learning with more traditional engineering approaches to continually make Alexa smarter. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
About the position:
We are looking for exceptional software engineers who have experience building innovative applications that customers love. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver innovative solutions to challenging technical problems, and relish the opportunity to have a real impact on customers, we’d love to talk to you!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer working on Alexa, you will have significant influence on our overall product strategy by helping to define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You’ll work with a team of incredibly talented engineers, building highly scalable systems that have real customer impact. You will collaborate with other engineers on challenging technical problems, developing inventive and scalable solutions. You will leverage data to drive important technical and product decisions.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Programming in one or more compiled languages (e.g. Java, Scala, C#) and one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Experience in large scale software design, including an understanding of object oriented design patterns and building for fault tolerance and data durability
- Experience using and building ETL tooling
- Deep knowledge of at least one full-text search technology (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Deep knowledge of relational (MySQL, Postgres) and/or NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Experience building and maintaining machine learning and/or natural language processing systems
- Ability to clearly communicate technical details with both technical and non-technical peers
- Data-driven, customer focused mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Strong sense of ownership