OB TITLE: Senior Software Developer
JOB LOCATION: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Travel for this position is typically less than 10%, if at all.
HealthEdge is looking for two (2) Senior Software (Java) Developers who are passionate about solving real world business problems to join our team. As a Senior member of the team, you will be working on developing solutions that help our customers integrate with our product suite. You will be working as a problem solver with plenty of unique assignments within the department. You will be a key member involved with design discussions, coding on the backend and working heavily with the database and J2EE/integration technologies. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and development within Java, on the WebLogic Application Server platform. You will be involved in all phases of software development including: requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, and integration to bring cutting edge technologies to market.
• Work as part of agile team to implement new features according to the requirements while adhering to the best coding development standards;
• Conduct detailed designs and lead design whiteboarding and creation of solution architecture;
• Lead in work-breakdown of tasks;
• Lead peer reviews of design and code;
• Coordinate release management and bug triaging;
• Lead Technical discussions with HealthEdge Customers to find the best possible solutions;
• Conduct bug fixing, Implement configuration migration process and other UAT readiness technical task;
• Perform data loads for UAT readiness and during UAT as requested by the UAT plan;
• Supports resolution of UAT identified issues and their triage;
• Contributes authoring the Implementation Operational Information and (for Support team) and companion spreadsheet for feeds;
• Performs configuration migration process and another PROD readiness technical task;
• Performs data loads for PROD readiness; and,
• Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) plus 6 years of progressive employment experience developing enterprise-class applications in Java; or, in the alternative, Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) plus 1 year of progressive employment experience developing enterprise-class applications in Java.
Employment experience developing enterprise-class applications in Java must include:
• Demonstrated experience working with Java/J2EE technologies;
• Demonstrated, hands-on experience working with XML, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.), JMS, and SQL;
• Demonstrated experience in complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration of software products into complex IT environments;
• Demonstrated experience developing on the Linux operating system and Weblogic Application Server;
• Demonstrated experience working with Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns, including file transfers, messaging, routing, transforming, enriching, etc;
• Demonstrated experience working with source control software (Bitbucket), unit testing (JUnit), and build automation/CI (Jenkins); and
• Demonstrated experience with agile development methodology such as SCRUM or Kanban.
HealthEdge® provides modern, disruptive technology that delivers for the first time, a suite of products that enables healthcare payors to leverage new business models, improve outcomes, drastically reduce administrative costs and connect everyone in the healthcare delivery cycle. Our next-generation enterprise product suite, HealthRules®, is built on modern, patented technology and is delivered to customers via the HealthEdge Cloud or on-site deployment. An award-winning company, HealthEdge empowers payors to capitalize on the innovations, challenges and opportunities that await in the new healthcare economy. For more information, visit http://www.healthedge.com.
HealthEdge is an Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
More Jobs From