Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Senior Software Configuration Specialist
The Senior Software Configuration Specialist leads a project team responsible for delivering technical implementation tasks for customers, works without supervision, and will engage leadership as necessary. The Senior Software Configuration Specialist is responsible for delivering successful outcomes for a customer and is a trusted advisor for the customer team. The Senior Software Configuration Specialist is a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and is able to assist and advise other teams in understanding the functional impact of various implementation options.
- Leads the designing of the software configuration to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Serves as a contact for the Sales and Product Management and Client Delivery teams by providing pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support through knowledge of the product or product line.
- Leads the development of a configured application prototype and conducts a client walkthrough to validate the configuration design and explore gap options.
- Serves as a leader on a team of developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals. Ensures the technical architect and project manager are informed of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Participates in code reviews and fixes any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and transitions the application components to the testers.
- Leads regular discussions with internal stakeholders
- Assumes project leadership responsibilities on teams, with the ability to work across multiple projects
- Facilitates customer meetings
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Exercises independent decision for his/her project and team, and proactively identifies issues which require escalation.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform
- Experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience in HTML, ASP, and XML preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Travel: At least 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.