If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a proven track record for delivering first class software infrastructure while working closely with software engineering teams. You will develop, maintain and scale our infrastructure for deploying and monitoring our software using the latest tools and methodologies, including agile, CI/CT/CD, and infrastructure as code. More specifically, you will construct the cloud infrastructure, common core services, and observability tools that will be used by our engineers. Takeoffs continued success and our deployment model means that things are always changing, and we're looking to find the right person to help optimize our platforms to support that growth.
Please note that although we are remote at the moment, this person must be located in Greater Boston or surrounding area's(can be remote) given we have an engineering team in Kyiv that this person will work with closely.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Help to create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to reduce operational toil
- Partner with developers to apply best practices to ensure full working test, training, and production environments using logging/monitoring tools (ie. Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana), alerting/notification tools (xMatters, PagerDuty), (any other tools that help reduce time-to-detect/time-to-mitigate & tools for disaster recovery, high availability, and business continuity)
- Work closely with Customer Support, Network, and Software Engineering teams to resolve outages and implement changes to avoid future issues
- Troubleshoot complex scalability/availability issues for the highly distributed messaging system
- Design, build and maintain CI/CD, testing, and operations infrastructure for our systems
- Pro-actively identifies areas to drive automation across e-commerce platform
- Develop innovation strategies, processes, automation, fail-over experience
- Design and setup of new large cloud clusters
The experience you will bring to the table:
- A view that operational toil must be reduced by treating toil as a software engineering challenge
- 5+ years of experience, both building end-to-end automated CI/CD pipelines, as well as application and operations support
- Track record of excellent customer service delivery, including working with developers, ops, and users to troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems in a timely manner
- Knowledge and proficiency with a variety of Ops and Automation tools
- A strong belief that declarative, dynamic environments defined as code offer the best path to reliable services
- Prior real-world experience with Kubernetes, from cluster config to working and developing helm charts
- Experience being an embedded member of an application scrum team, as well as requirements gathering, design, project planning, and implementation of process and tooling
- Understanding of software, networks, security, and operations, with the knowledge and know-how to influence software and operations design and process
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, InSpec, etc.
The reasons you will love Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.