Mimecast Engineers are technical experts who love being in the center of all the action and play a critical role in making sure our technology stack is fit for purpose, performing optimally with zero down time.
In this role you will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of large database environment, Linux platforms and farms of servers in multi geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of our most popular services.
- Contribution and active involvement with every aspect of the production environment to include:
- Dealing with design issues.
- Running large server farms in multiple geographic locations around the world.
- Performance analysis.
- Capacity planning.
- Assessing applications behavior.
- Linux engineering and systems administration.
- Crafting SQL queries.
- Architecting and writing moderately-sized tools.
- Tweaking router and switch configurations.
- You will focus on solving difficult problems with scalable, elegant and maintainable solutions.
Essential skills and experience:
- In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Expert skills in PostgreSQL database administration, troubleshooting, optimization, performance tuning
- Hands on experience with performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) in identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU and network issues.
- Solid scripting skills in either Shell/Ruby/Perl/Python.
- Strong understanding of IP networking, including familiarity with concepts such as OSI stack.
- Ability to analyze network behavior, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Hands on experience in automated provisioning for server farms (using tools such as Kickstart, Cobbler etc).
- Hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Cfengine, Chef etc..).
- Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as Nagios, Zabbix, Zenos and Munin.
- Strong understanding of common Internet protocols and applications such as SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SNMP etc.
- Experience in querying large database environments (typically hundreds of thousands of tables in a single database).
- Due to the nature of this role, you must be a U.S. Citizen
- Administering Java based applications.
- Working knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including, health insurance, life cover and a 401k.
Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities.
All Mimecasters pride themselves on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who have that 'extra something', people who really enjoy what they do and are passionate about technology.