This role is located in our Watertown office and is part of our Global Technical Operations team here at Mimecast.
The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated and a strong team player. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced and agile environment that is regularly evolving.
- Help to develop global standards and promote best practices in data center operations
- Introduce process improvements and encourage best practices in data centre operations
- Drive specifications for tools that facilitate administration of servers spanning multiple data centres, to include automation and streamlining of processes
- Document standards and processes within the data centre. Create full sets of documentation around projects and work at the DC. Define workflow and communication systems for DC activities.
- Troubleshooting/Fixing Hardware issues on Servers
- Racking Servers (HP Proliant or Similar) and Network equipment (Switches, Firewalls or similar) in Data Centers worldwide
- Managing hardware Procurement for all the servers and/or hardware components that goes into our worldwide data centers
- Track server/network assets through deployment lifecycle. Maintain accurate reporting and auditing capability for all assets within the data center
- Provide cross-functional communication with other technical operations groups
- Manage the entire lifecycle of servers, storage and network equipment within the facility. Including receiving, racking, and recycling
- Participating in Conference Calls/Meetings with Vendors/Suppliers/Other Team Members on a Regular Basis
- Handle incoming / outgoing shipments worldwide
- Work closely with other Data Center Engineers worldwide
- Respond to Off-hour Emergency calls and Work on Weekends in case of Emergency
- RMA Management with different Vendors
- Involving in Provisioning/Deploying OS on servers
- Assist in tracking data center issues and keeping Mimecast servers alive and serving all the time
- Send Day-to-Day reports to team on the Hardware monitoring
- Knowledge of Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Especially Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of Computer hardware
- Strong Verbal and Communication Skills
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation to address data centre incidents
- Knowledgeable in Data Centre best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, etc.)
- Advanced experience working with heterogeneous server/network hardware failures and Linux OS
- Experience working in a multi-vendor data centre environment
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Comfortable with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment.
- Should be experienced in data centre hardware deployments and building scaling infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of Atlassian/JIRA Software tool or an equivalent ticketing tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Adaptable and flexible
Engineering life at Mimecast
- Pet Projects – open innovation competition to invent new products and services. Significant cash prizes and kudos to be won
- Patent support and expertise. Get your name alongside your innovations
- Flat management structure with approachable leaders in open-plan office. Autonomy, freedom and empowerment
- Startup feel with stability and security of an enterprise. Adoption of DevOps culture, Agile ways of working, fast paced, challenging but always fun
- Innovation culture, led by global experts including Mimecast CTO Neil Murray and Chief Scientist Nathaniel Borenstein, inventor of the MIME protocol and first person in the world to send an email attachment
- A truly international team working together in a friendly, relaxed and open office atmosphere
- Happy, vibrant office space with multiple breakout areas. Free breakfast, lunch, snack and smoothies daily, cold brew and rotating beer on tap! Gym and showers!
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including dental, healthcare, vision, and life insurance options, Flexible Spending Accounts, and a 401(k) plan. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters thrive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion, integrity, and effectiveness.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have ‘’that extra something’’ and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
If you would like more information about Mimecast please visit our website at www.mimecast.com
We look forward to speaking to you soon!