Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
As a Sales Engineer working at Tamr, you will be responsible for owning all technical aspects of the sales cycle. This includes:
- Performing education of the market on the Tamr solution by means of tailored product demonstrations - target audiences include end users, IT staff, executive sponsors, industry analysts
- Defining and scoping the deliverables of proof of concept projects with clients
- Leading customer-facing proof of concept engagements both remote and onsite, delivering on the technical components of the agreed SOW and presenting success
- Providing feedback to Product Management on customer interactions with the Tamr solution
- Providing technical content required for RFP submission
- Assisting in handoff of successful client engagements to post-sales delivery resources
- Developing and maintaining demo environments
- 3+ years in a pre-sales / sales engineering role
- Experience in related software markets such as Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, CRM, ERP, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Business Intelligence
- Intermediate knowledge of data management and databases
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, R, SQL, shell, etc)
- Strong Linux / UNIX skill set
- Experience coding against APIs
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWSDashboard, and applications such as Qlikview and Tableau
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.