The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and professional individual with in-depth technical abilities as well as commercial acumen and sales skills. This position is a technical pre-sales consulting role supporting the sales activities of the Mimecast North American business unit for our Strategic Enterprise business segment. The primary responsibilities are to provide pre-sales technical support to Mimecast sales staff, reseller partners and customers. Other responsibilities are to include some involvement in key customer engagements and training of our sales teams. A large majority of the activity will be focused on pre-sales activity
As Mimecast is a rapidly growing and evolving company the role is very flexible and will involve many different and changing aspects, for example: interfacing with product management, participating in marketing events and training sales reps on the product.
Technical Pre-Sales Support. Providing technical advice and support to sales opportunities and engaging with technical contacts in customer and reseller partner organizations, to ensure the Mimecast service is positioned correctly, understood and any technical objections are overcome. This will include product demonstrations, presentations to senior customer contacts and writing formal RFP response documents, as well as the preparation of strategic high-level implementation plans. The role will involve closely partnering with sales colleagues.
Proof-Of-Concept support. In conjunction with our Service Delivery team, supporting more complex solutions and overseeing the implementation and success of pre-sales proof-of-concepts. Some experience in project management and working with technology partners is helpful.
- 8+ years of selling endpoint software
- Experience of working with demanding business customers
- Experience working with large strategic enterprise accounts or equivalent
- Familiarity with networking and security technologies and services
- Understanding of spam, viruses and email security and Internet based threats
- Proven record of taking ownership of real customer issues and resolving them under pressure
- Track record of responsibility for project leadership and completion
- Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Ability to explain technical solutions to a business focused customer
- Ability to be proactive and self-sufficient
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn new skills and disciplines
- An understanding of typical email system migration processes and tools used in Exchange migrations and upgrade
- An understanding of email archiving solutions and archiving business drivers
- An understanding of email management and security/archiving solutions such as Forefront, ProofPoint, Barracuda, Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Experience in dealing with customers in a pre-sales environment
- Experience in consultative selling of complex services
- Real experience with anti-spam, anti-virus, archiving vendors and services
- Experience with SaaS based solutions
- Experience of operating in an indirect sales environment
- Experience of working in a high growth and dynamic company
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed theirown pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants toindividuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conductedby the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.