The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Senior Sales Engineer
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the U.S.
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you'll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary-pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
EDB is looking for a technically astute, motivated Sales Engineer to join our growing team of sales professionals. In particular, we are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer who has a strong developer/devops background.
Are you an exceptionally technical sales professional? Maybe youre a developer who loves to go deep on technical products and feature sets and seeks an opportunity to make an impact on the sales side. Either way, we want to speak with you!
- Partner with EDB Account Executives in their selling efforts and become a trusted customer advocate
- Conduct product proof-of-concepts from initial requirements gathering to successfully achieving objectives and success criteria through clear planning and methodical execution
- Deliver technical product presentations, demonstrating core feature sets and key value propositions
- Evangelize Postgres with developers to support EDBs efforts to expand our footprint of and demand for Postgres in large enterprise customers
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience (in the past 7 years) in the following areas:
- Customer-Facing Skills
- A proven capacity to deliver technical product presentations
- Proficiency demonstrating technical products and their feature sets
- A seasoned presence and comfort speaking to executives, IT Management, developers, and DBAs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Database, Operating System, and Software Experience
- Relational database experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, & SQL Server). Active use of, administration, development, using such database(s)
- A deep understanding of relational database concepts
- Database server tuning and debugging experience
- Basic Linux OS system administration experience
- Software installation and software troubleshooting experience
- Development Know-How
- Application development experience using Postgres and MongoDB
- Database schema design and development
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and SQL query writing, tuning, and debugging
- Experience developing and implementing user-defined data types and functions in Postgres
- A Good Understanding of the Following Database Concepts
- High Availability
- Performance trade-offs
- Security & related concepts
- Cloud + Container Skills
- Private/Public/Hybrid Clouds - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware Cloud, and OpenStack, & Virtualization
- Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Microservices, PaaS (OpenShift, CloudFoundry) as used with databases
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.