The Senior Sales Commissions Associate will be responsible for supporting all sales compensation operations responsibilities by leveraging their expert in-depth knowledge of sales commissions programs. This position is a member of our Sales Operations function and will report to the Sr. Manager of Sales Operations and Contracting.
The Team: Our Sales Operations group is a team of 30 within our Finance function. With over 160,000 (and climbing) providers on our network, this team works hand in hand with our Sales teams to put contracts in place to bring new providers onto our network.
- Configure, maintain and run the sales incentive compensation system, Xactly Incent
- Create and distribute sales plans and maintain sales compensation plan database. Identify and implement process improvements to optimize workflows
- Manage regular maintenance of variable commissions program throughout the year
- Resolve commission/incentive reconciliation issues; escalate as needed
- Provide accurate and timely commissions payments for all variable compensation plans
- Responsible for manual adjustments and calculations of complex sales transactions
- Drive continuous automation that scales across our compensation platform
- Create and maintain documentation for all commissions processes
- Resolve inquiries and be a trusted advisor to those receiving variable compensation
- Provide ongoing training for internal team with variable compensation plans
- Participate in accounting activities such as monthly accrual of commissions payments, expense reporting and bookings forecasting.
- Participate in the annual review of the sales incentive compensation planning process including plan design), and plan effectiveness modeling
- Participate in a regular analytic review of the sales compensation plans against business objectives
- Partner with the Sales organization, Finance, Accounting, Compensation and other functional departments on a regular basis to provide reports, updates, dashboards, etc.
- Deliver evidence and documentation for internal controls as assigned
- Ensure all internal systems tie out in terms of results (Salesforce, Xactly etc.)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in a related field: Compensation, Finance, Sales commission planning/ administration
Knowledge & Skills:
- Intermediate to advanced Excel preferred
- Experience with compensation software (e.g. Xactly, Callidus, Anaplan, etc.) preferred
- Deep analytical and problem-solving skills
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
- Works well with latitude for independent judgment
- Provides solutions to issues utilizing judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task/ prioritize workload
- History of demonstrating initiative
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment required
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: The location of this role is flexible for the right candidate. Please be prepared to discuss location preferences during the screening process.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.