Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This expansion position is an outstanding opportunity within controllership to connect business development with technical accounting and financial reporting. The role requires a deep understanding of the companys business operations, products, and accounting practices. As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will work cross-functionally on business expansion initiatives, system implementations and enhancements, process improvement, and month-end close responsibilities.
What Youll Do:
- Drive detailed analysis as required to ensure accuracy of data within the financial reporting systems
- Prepare reconciliations and analysis by product type and locations, identify variances, and resolve
- Support the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and timelines
- Review contracts to ensure revenue and related accounts are presented accurately according to ASC 606
- Assist with establishing third-party data requirements for reconciliations and analysis
- Work closely with Business Development, Product/Pricing, FP&A, and other Finance Operations and Sales teams
- Identify, create, and implement process improvements and drive automation initiatives
- Identify and raise key risk areas to members of the SOX team
- Work closely with enterprise applications team to build and test system configurations based on provided requirements and use cases
- Ad-Hoc projects to assist in all areas of controllership
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 4+ years of related experience in accounting required
- Possess a focus for process improvements, challenging the status quo
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Be a self-starter with a results-oriented spirit
- Sophisticated Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora/RevPro is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.