We are looking to add a highly talented Senior Research Scientist to our Prediction and Behavior Modeling team. You will develop state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms for planning, decision making, and motion prediction. Your applied mathematics, data analytics, and machine learning experience will inform your pragmatic approach to making a more intelligent autonomous vehicle. Does this sound like you?
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What youll be doing:
- Dive into data to understand a) how our car should drive, and b) how other road users (e.g., pedestrians, bicyclists, and other cars) interact with us
- Design, implement, and evaluate state-of-the-art ML models for planning, decision making, and motion prediction
- Help deploy ML models on our self-driving car
- Relentlessly drive ideas from conception to on-car impact
- Publish and speak at top conferences
What we're looking for:
- MS or PhD in computer science, robotics, or similar field, with 3+ years practical experience in robotics, machine learning, and analysis of large data sets.
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing libraries
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience using modern software engineering tools (e.g., version control, CI)
- Strong applied math background
Bonus points (not required):
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression, and clustering)
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles or robots
- Strong C++ development skills
Why you should join us:
- Publications and patents encouraged (e.g., https://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10298, https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.15004, https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.11810)
- Opportunity to contribute across multiple disciplines (perception, prediction, planning)
- Speaking opportunities are encouraged and supported