JOB TITLE: Senior Release/Deployment Manager
JOB LOCATION: Burlington, Massachusetts 01803; REMOTE EMPLOYMENT IS AVAILABLE
REQUIRED TRAVEL: May require 50% travel to client sites
The Sr. Release Manager leads a team of Release Managers that will work with customer and cross-functional internal teams to manage changes (software releases/deployments) going into an environment, along with ensuring the stability of the environments post change. This role is additionally expected to mentor team members and streamline current processes to align with HealthEdge Continuous Improvement principles.
- Maintain deep understanding of HealthEdge/Customer product ecosystem and its interdependencies and leverage various tools available for environment management & stability
- Streamline processes in Payor implementation with an eye on automation to foster continuous improvement
- Manage and standardize programs to meet the client’s release/deployment and quality criteria with a focus on standardization & repeatability in a continuous improvement environment.
- Lead the effort on cross-functional collaboration with Ops, Product and Sales.
- Effectively mentor team members in various technical and non-technical aspects of the job
- Builds consensus and leads decision making through nebulous problems
- Ability to find solutions to challenges and makes informed recommendations
- Act as a gatekeeper, ensuring that all cross-functional teams sign off on the release before each promotion to production.
- Identify & manage risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders while proposing solutions.
- Effectively communicate required delivery dates, deployment pipelines, releases, and proposed enhanced processes to the delivery teams.
- Be involved in code deployments, data base synchronization, and DevOps best practices.
- Streamline deployment practices for effective delivery to the client.
- Migrate applications from legacy systems to newer environments.
- Manage and maintain customer environments in a known good state
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field (foreign equivalent is acceptable) plus 5 years of progressive employment experience in software implementation.
Employment experience must include:
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in software implementation, including configuring environments for application migration.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience with Release and Change Management processes, including configuring environments for application migration.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in ITIL/ITSM practices and solutions development from the drawing board to production delivery, including experience with troubleshooting scenarios in production environments.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience working with client/customer teams and documenting environment changes for Releases/Deployments.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience communicating and coordinating between multiple internal teams and client teams.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in Jenkins, configuration management database (CMDB), code packaging, Jira, Salesforce, ELK, Git Hub, AWS and basic Unix commands.
- 1 year of demonstrated experience with hot-fixes for software applications and seeking alternatives in case of deploy/code failures.
- 1 year of demonstrated experience working with legacy releases and release management processes using current trends and tools in the industry including DevOps and CI/CD.
- 1 year of demonstrated experience with disaster recovery exercises between data centers involving applications as well as database servers.
HealthEdge® provides modern, disruptive technology that delivers for the first time, a suite of products that enables healthcare payors to leverage new business models, improve outcomes, drastically reduce administrative costs and connect everyone in the healthcare delivery cycle. Our next-generation enterprise product suite, HealthRules®, is built on modern, patented technology and is delivered to customers via the HealthEdge Cloud or on-site deployment. An award-winning company, HealthEdge empowers payors to capitalize on the innovations, challenges and opportunities that await in the new healthcare economy. For more information, visit http://www.healthedge.com.
HealthEdge is an Equal Opportunity Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.