Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior R&D Operations Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience running experiments and operating and managing numerous additive manufacturing machines and technologies.
- Supporting the overall day to day operations of metal part processing among Desktop Metals Production P1 system.
- Work closely with Process and Materials by communicating any problems and enhancements for all Desktop Metal offerings (including Process Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Software Appliance).
- Communicating part and machine statuses as well as hardware and part issues back to impacted team members.
- Support auxiliary process tasks, including powder processing and post printing steps.
- Executing successful part requests for both internal and external customers on time.
- Using software tools to track part workflow, quality metrics, and machine modifications.
- Sustaining 5S standards in labs to maintain an efficient and organized operation.
- Troubleshoot and be first line for any repairs of equipment.
- 3-5 years in additive or manufacturing industry
- Ability to work together with others; teamwork.
- Detail oriented.
- Great with taking notes and record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desire to continue learning about new technologies and their applications.
- Experience in metal powder based additive technologies.
- Experience with various software tools for managing workflow.
- Demonstrated capability to contribute at a high level both individually and in teams.
- Ability to resolve issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- Experience with additive manufacturing technologies and processes or similar.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High temperature metal processing.
- Chemical handling.
- Process troubleshooting.
- 5S operations.
- 3D printer slicer software experience (Cura/Insight).
- SolidWorks/OnShape/Spaceclaim/CAD experience or equivalent.
- Magics/Netfabb experience or equivalent.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.