Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for folks who enjoy building great products together with peers and clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our clients business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small but growing, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. Some of the things that we believe in:\
- Great UI/UX is critical: aesthetics, animations, copy, and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority: style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration: great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious: we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences, and practice
- A healthy work/life balance: getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
What will your day be like?
- Youll develop complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- Youll develop using Rails
- Youll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- Youll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- Youll learn new things from other Rocketeers and improve how we do things
You love being a developer and are passionate about Rails. You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader. You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to know when the new shiny thing is not appropriate for a project.
You are in love with UI/UX and are always looking for ways to push what can be done. You have deep experience in architecting UIs and know how to bring interesting animations to life. You have a good understanding of the network and data layer and are able to craft solutions to make an app feel lightning fast.
Most importantly you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
- You have multiple years of experience writing Rails apps
- Experience working with Front End stacks
- You have shipped multiple products and helped improve, care and feed an app through multiple releases
- You have experience with deployment strategies and technologies: AWS, Heroku etc.
- Youve worked with, and have a good understanding of Version Control, preferably using git