Chewy is seeking Senior Quality Engineer in Boston, MA. You will serve as the lead quality engineer to raise the quality bar of the organizations software development practices. You will define the teams test automation strategy across the full application stack (web, mobile, API, and back-end). You will partner with product to understand requirements to define and maintain test plans. You will integrate automated test solutions within full CD/CI deployment strategies.
This is an opportunity to be one of the founding quality engineers of a new team challenged with delivering a greenfield project that will wow our customers and deliver on our mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere.
What Youll Do:
- Work in an agile team to identify proper and effective test strategies from planning to production deployment.
- Analyze product requirements and user stories to identify ambiguities, gaps, and risks that have not been considered.
- Create test plans and translate these to a test automation strategy within a full CD/CI deployment environment.
- Prioritize defects, drive resolution, and champion change to improve the quality of the complete experience for our customers.
- Influence product and UX design to simplify requirements on behalf of the customer.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner.
What Youll Need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Experience partnering with product to understand requirements and translate these to test plans.
- Proficiency using test automation frameworks across the full application stack (web, mobile, API, and back-end) in a full CD/CI deployment environment.
- Expert debugging skills, diving deep to understand the root cause of an ambiguous defect to clearly define steps to reproduce.
- Experience adapting to changing requirements in an agile environment, quickly updating existing test plans and automated tests accordingly, and juggling competing priorities.
- Position may require occasional travel.
- Experience using AWS services or other cloud services to test multiple browsers and devices.
- Proficiency implementing automated tests using Cypress or another developer friendly test framework.
- Experience instilling test-driven development (TDD) practices within engineering teams.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com