We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. Thats why our mission is to build the worlds most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We are looking for a Senior QA engineer to join our Applied Machine Learning (AML) team. AML's focus is to scale Machine Learning(ML) at Hudl and keep improving Hudl products and workflows by integrating Machine Learning into them. AML is generating data by what Hudl knows best - video - and provides automation in a number of applications.. One example of a project is identifying different segments of video that can be designated as plays within American football. This allows our American football coaches to consume the video in a much more efficient way. Previously, the person running the camera would have to start and stop the recording at every play. Now, with Focus cameras and our algorithm, teams can use the recordings from their Focus camera and have the same segments of plays that they had without the camera person starting and stopping the recording at every play!
Another project the AML team is working on is detecting and tracking players on a field.
The data generated from these particular algorithms can be used for providing useful and timely statistics or advanced analytics to coaches.
The AML team needs someone who will help define effective and efficient processes to validate and build confidence in our ML algorithms and end-to-end workflows. You will work alongside a group of engineers and data scientists following agile methodologies and developing the next cutting-edge generation of our products.
- Technical You have in-depth experience with testing desktop and web applications and in-depth knowledge of automation and its industry-recognised principles.
- A quality expert. Youre hands-on with testing every phase of development. Youre always thinking of ways to create efficiencies in your work with automation. Metrics are important to you and so is the user.You constantly research best practices at other companies and strive to use what you learn to improve quality and velocity.
- A problem solver. Even if you dont have experience working with ML, you work hard to solve problems with unclear solutions in creative ways.
- Understand risk. You're an expert at evaluating and designing testing approaches to mitigate risk while ensuring adequate coverage.
- Naturally curious. Youre hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and you can show us how youve used that to improve how you work. You dont stop with the obvious but instead, think about what might happen in the extreme cases. You constantly ask questions and dig deeper to learn more.
- Flexible in learning new domains and technologies. You will work with other systems and integration points as the team needs. Your expertise around the product will fluctuate beyond the AML specific areas. You see the opportunity in this and will always be ready to learn something new.
- Lead. You'll measurably improve quality and our ability to deliver quality at speed, taking into account the flexibility and challenges that come with ML algorithmic development. You'll work with other teams to make decisions with quality in mind. You'll empower teams to take on challenges and make their own decisions.
- Test. You'll use your customer and system understanding to create a risk-based testing approach and plans.
- Automate. You'll help align automation with the speed of development. You'll make informed decisions on what, how and when to automate.
- Improve. You'll constantly push for ways to help us get better at code quality and user experience.
- Ship. You'll test, talk with users, analyze trends and deploy high-quality code that delights our users on a frequent basis.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. Were all about a healthy work-life balance. Well give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. Youll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure youll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, thats free money. Well match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.