Senior QA Engineer (SaaS)
As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
More than someone who checks every box, were looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
Youre customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What youll do
As a Senior QA Engineer for the SaaS Protection platform at Datto, you will be a champion for quality for our partners and customers - ensuring that the SaaS Protection platform is of the highest quality.
- Ensure the quality of Dattos software and services is top notch and meet the business needs of our customers
- Participate as a Quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Write, review, and execute test plans/strategies for validating product/system functionality
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with Product Management
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Conduct system/E2E testing, and coordinate and execute release and deployment activities for SaaS Protection releases
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Educate your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
- Suggest and drive efforts to improve QA and release processes and methodology, test coverage, and product reliability
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, system testing, and test automation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of internet technologies (e.g. HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, APIs)
- Experience with software configuration management and version control tools (GitLab a plus)
- Experience designing and implementing automated tests using tools such as Pytest, Selenium, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages and concepts (Python, Java, etc..)
- Experience with testing Rest APIs and with API testing tools such as Postman
- Comfortable with Linux and SQL
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Dedication to collaboration
- Deep understanding of software product cycles
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Experience with release management/engineering processes and activities
- Proficient with shell scripting (equivalent Windows knowledge a plus)
- Familiar with CI/CD/DevOps concepts and best practices
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Kibana and with monitoring services such as Datadog and Grafana
- Knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, Multicast, Unicast, VLAN, OSI, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, iptables, ipsec, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.) and experience working with a cloud solution
- Exposure to build, package, configuration and release management tools (eg. Jenkins, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)