Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Who we are:
At Turbonomic, an IBM company, we work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Turbonomics Application Resource Management (ARM) platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Our Network Performance Management (NPM) technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of AI-driven hybrid cloud. Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
What's in it for you:
- This position will allow you to innovate new performance and functional tests for the NPM products, (formerly SevOne) both on the frontend and backend
- An enjoyable collaborative environment that offers evolving opportunities to experience new technologies while ensuring important software quality requirements are met in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work with a fun, laid back QA team that specialize in all different quality assurance aspects
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and execute functional and performance automation scripts using open source tools
- Work closely with Product Management, Development and Architecture to understand and guide product features and testing
- Contributes to the development of new theories and methods for automation in QA
- Leads, attends and participates in various Engineering meetings for the team
- Manages testing environment and test data using various tools such as Jenkins & GIT
- Executes and updates test cases and scenarios
- Performs usability, functional, and regression testing
- Evaluate and test software bug fixes, extensions, and features
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
What you will bring:
At Turbonomic, we are always looking for bright, passionate, and hard-working people who want to grow and develop with the company.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to work with both web based front end and Linux/SQL back end
- Java / PHP / Bash scripting / Python / Json / YAML experience a must
- Jmeter / Gatling / postman experience a must
- Exhibited excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent Linux admin level skills
- Strong ability to create/understand MySQL queries
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess impact of new features on the current architecture
- Strong customer focus to ensure meeting customer requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Solid knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
A Plus If You Have:
- Understanding of load balancers, routers, call manager, switches and knowledge of networking protocols such as routing, DNS, and SNMP
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Our Company culture:
Our company values and embraces diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. We know that diversity in background, race, gender and life experience is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, not just an initiative, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. Building an equitable and inclusive workplace is a strategic imperative and a constant challenge we focus attention on together. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
At Turbonomic, our culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to use your voice to share your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives. If you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above because your attitude and effort are far more important to us than your prior experiences.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
By submitting your application and information to Turbonomic, an IBM Company, you acknowledge and agree that your information can be used and made available to our subsidiaries and affiliates, and that you may be interviewed by, or ultimately offered employment by, any of IBM's subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.