The Machine Learning Infrastructure team builds the industrial scale machine learning platform used by ML practitioners developing software for our self-driving car. We provide essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data processing, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation.
Led by Oscar Beijbom. Our Machine Learning team, authors of nuScenes (https://www.nuscenes.org), PointPillars (https://arxiv.org/abs/1812.05784), and PointPainting (http://arxiv.org/abs/1911.10150). The ML Team is doubling in size in 2021, and we are adding engineers and researchers to join us in our mission to launch a level 5 autonomous taxi system.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with backend engineers and end users to build libraries & CLI tools to empower our developers/researchers.
- Build scalable data pipelines for data mining and analytics.
- Build and manage various workflows to support daily development.
- Provide essential functionality for our growing Autonomy and Sensing organization
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- Strong Python skills.
- 6+ years professional work experience as a software engineer.
- 6+ years experience working with Linux.
- 4+ years AWS experience, or equivalent GCP, Azure
- Experience with ETL or large scale data processing
Bonus Points (not required)
- Expert in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C++, C# or Java
- Experience with deployment using Docker, REST API, CI/CD
- Experience with data warehousing systems(BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake etc).
- Experience with messaging system, for example, kafka, zeroMQ, rabbitMQ, kinesis, SQS