Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for driven individuals who enjoy navigating the unknown, who can innovate and develop novel approaches to project delivery while inspiring the team and having fun. Youll leverage your existing background in Life Sciences software implementation, program/project management, and consulting; well teach you our products and help you expand your skillset.
As a key member of our Professional Services team, youll be at the forefront of our mission. Youll work side-by-side with customers, understanding their unique challenges and global regulatory needs, assist in architecting tailored solutions, and define global strategies to help them deploy the system across their enterprise. Youll be a customer advocate, working closely with other Veeva teams (Product, Sales, Strategy) to ensure customer success today and long into the future.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Lead life sciences customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of software to support regulatory affairs and regulatory operations content and data in the form of the Vault RIM suite (Vault Registrations, Vault Submissions, Vault Submissions Archive, Vault Publishing)
- Architect multi-year and multi-phased implementation programs to deploy Vault RIM across an organization globally
- Manage and coordinate project teams in support of content management/registration data solution design, prototyping, configuration, and documentation
- Program and project management including resource planning, leading, and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Primary customer liaison managing relationships and communication between the project team, customer, and internal stakeholders
- Mentor project team and junior consultants in the R&D Services organization
- Represent R&D Professional Services across multiple engagements and workstreams (e.g., solution design and configuration, data migration, systems integrations, etc.)
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- 8+ years system implementation experience, preferably with at least one of the following: Document Management Systems (Documentum, OpenText, SharePoint); Registration Data Tracking Systems; XEVMPD, IDMP; Submission Publishing and/or Viewing systems
- Experience working with life sciences companies with at least a moderate understanding of the drug-development process
- Experience leading multi-year, multi-million-dollar enterprise-sized implementations
- Experience in assembling, planning, resourcing, budgeting, and leading project teams
- Experience designing and executing on effective project governance models for large enterprise
- Proven track record with project management processes including change control, risk, issues, and conflict resolution
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal, and formal presentation
- Experience in reporting to senior/executive level stakeholders
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Must be familiar with project metrics reporting and dashboards
- Experience in project management tools such as MS Project and Smartsheet
- Must have some background in Business or Functional Analyst project roles
- Ability to travel 40-70%
Nice to Have
- Deep knowledge of drug development processes and regulatory submissions
- Direct experience with systems such as Veeva Vault, PAREXEL/LIQUENT InSight, CSC Regulatory Tracker, ArisGlobal Register, OpenText, SharePoint, Documentum, FirstDoc/FirstPoint, NextDocs, CARA, other regulatory information management or submission publishing systems, etc.
- Consulting experience, working with a major system integrator or software vendor
- PMP Certification preferred
- Execution experience with Agile methodology and/or ACP Certification
- Portfolio management experience
- Experience in contract negotiation and/or procurement
- Change management experience
- Experience with PMO organizations
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].