The Senior Project Manager ensures the successful completion of projects that are initiated in support of Altruista’s business strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and manages the key pitfalls that are known to derail a project including lack of leadership or sponsorship, poor communication, no incentive plan, and no definition of the business process
- Leads the planning and implementation of assigned projects
- Facilitates and defines project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Defines project tasks and resource requirements; request resources
- Assembles, manages and coordinates project staff
- Assigns and monitors work of program and project management staff, providing technical support and direction
- Develops or refines all related processes, procedures, and governance required to operate and execute programs and projects successfully in a global environment
- Acts as point of escalation to drive collaboration with program and project team members to resolve conflicts and project issues, and drives them to resolution
- Manages project budget with an understanding of how funds will be utilized and expended over time for current and future projects
- Establishes program metrics, monitors effectiveness and results of programs and adjusts accordingly
- Manages project resource allocation; negotiates allocations with functional managers to provide risk/benefit analysis to the project
- Plans and schedules project timelines to establish program metrics, and monitors effectiveness and results of programs and adjusts accordingly
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools such as One Drive, Confluence, MS Project, SharePoint, Jira, One Note
- Communicates with key business stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business requirements and goals are achieved
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Evaluates and assesses project results based on project objectives and alignment with company’s overall vision and goal to be a leading provider of patient-centric and customizable total population care management platforms
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Seasoned level of full competence. Broadly applies basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Solves a diverse range of complex problems, working with limited direction. Frequently interfaces with internal/external customers and makes significant contributions to department goals and planning efforts.
The Senior Project Manager is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7 - 10 years of related work experience
- 3 years of program management experience with at least 1 year in an external customer-facing role preferred
- Proven experience in people management
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Proven experience to successfully negotiate with and manage external vendors
- Proven experience to achieve sustained customer loyalty with internal and/or external customers or stakeholders
- Project Management Professional Certification Preferred
- Agile Certification Preferred
- Six Sigma Certification Preferred
- ITIL Certification Preferred
- Development & Technology Certification Preferred
- Knowledge of project management principles/body of knowledge
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Knowledge of insurance industry and healthcare industry terminology, operations, and information systems
- Proficient in project management software
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills,
- Organizational and decision-making skills
- Communication and public speaking skills
- Skilled in influencing and leading and working in a team
- Skilled at conflict management and negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to lead and offer opinions and direction
- Willingness to take on challenges
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While Altruista Health is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on a regular basis.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.