: Senior Program Manager
Vecna Robotics seeks a detail-oriented and results driven Senior New Product Introduction Program Manager with experience managing technically complex programs involving the planning, coordination, implementation and financial performance of a range of new product introduction programs. The ideal candidate will have deep firsthand experience leading the transfer of complex electro-mechanical systems from design Engineering into volume production leveraging global supply chain partnerships. The Program Manager will have demonstrated success working with Design Engineering, Sales, Business Development, Manufacturing, Finance, Supply Chain and Customer Service stakeholders across all life-cycle phases of aggressive time to market new product introduction programs. This is a hands-on role with direct involvement in all aspects of successfully introducing Vecna Robotics’ market leading bulk material handling autonomous vehicles. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with all levels within the company and with management teams at external partners.
In This Role, You Will:
- Represent the Product Delivery department on cross functional product development teams.
- Working as part of the cross functional team, develop, plan and publish project schedules that incorporate all key company milestones with core manufacturing department deliverables.
- Be the prime point of contact for all Manufacturing related NPI development milestones and overall schedule performance.
- Assist the VP of Product Delivery in sourcing, qualifying and negotiating value-added services with key suppliers and supply chain partners.
- Participate in and/or chair cross functional team meetings within Vecna Robotics and with external partners. Take on team action log development, tracking, reporting and proactive issue resolution activities.
- Constantly assess program risks (schedule, financial, product readiness), capture and publish risk impact statements along with vetted alternative recommendations.
- Participate in MSA and/or supply agreement contracts, fully understand financial implications of signed contracts and persistently keep the VP Product Delivery and corporate stakeholders abreast of company financial obligations and exposure.
- Work closely with internal manufacturing personnel during the prototype/pilot build stages to ensure design, process and product cost changes are captured in a timely manner and factored into subsequent cross functional team decision making.
- Facilitate regular communication of status to teams and senior management.
- Track key metrics for the project and identify lessons learned for future projects.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership within teams.
What We Are Looking For:
- 10+ years of program management expertise with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading phase-gate driven programs consisting of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills in order to both direct a technical team and to manage and reach solutions among competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate program information to any level within the company.
- Demonstrated proficiency with program scheduling applications like MS Project.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Strong cross-functional communication and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Prior technical automation/robotics experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a related technical discipline.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Travel will be required at times to supply partner sites.
More Jobs From