Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is looking for senior product strategists who want to build great products with great teams. In this role, youll help the client define and validate a product vision that meets their business goals, modeling product discovery best practices. This is a contract project-based role.
Rocket Insights is a fast-growing, tight-knit group of seasoned product strategists, designers and engineers who are makers and do-ers at heart. Were also a part of Dept, an ambitious, high-flying agency building a global brand.
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been used by millions of people, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We believe that:
- Collaboration and great communication are the keys to any successful project
- Growth comes from staying curious and being challenged to solve new problems
- A healthy work/life balance is important, even more so when were all working from home
What will your project be like?
At Rocket, every project is different. People rarely get bored because things move fast and we interact with domain experts across a variety of industries. Theres no typical day, but generally speaking, youll spend your time on a project doing the following:
- Facilitate - Guide key stakeholders in discussion, idea generation, prioritization and consensus-building - sometimes leading a five-day design sprint and other times in a multi-month engagement embedded in a clients PM team
- Research - Conduct user experience and market research to understand target markets, direct and indirect competition
- Synthesize - Identify primary/secondary personas and generate/articulate journey maps
- Test - Pair with designers to conduct concept and usability testing with prototypes that test key hypotheses
- Peer Review - Learn new frameworks, tools, and skills from other Rocketeers and help improve and grow how we do things
And yes, these days youll spend a lot of time on video chat, but were intentional about mitigating Zoom fatigue and designing collaborative client interactions that maximize working alone, together.
At Rocket, strategists are focused squarely on helping clients through the discovery phase of the product life cycle. Our strategists do not typically craft and pitch client proposals. And unlike a traditional product manager role, our strategists typically roll off as a project moves into delivery, meaning your time wont be spent in engineering stand ups or scrum meetings.
- You have multiple years experience defining product strategy and launching digital products used by lots of people
- You thrive creating the right conditions for innovation and breakthroughs and can use a variety of approaches to help teams get un-stuck, make decisions with conviction, and build momentum
- You appreciate the importance of dual-track product management, and do your best work in the discovery phase
- You appreciate that problem framing is as important as problem solving
- You are adept at synthesizing both business/market and technical information to help identify opportunities
- You are compassionately curious about the motivations of people who both use and build digital products
Good Traits to Have
- Articulate - You can ask questions and communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- Entrepreneurial - You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and know when and how to introduce structure
- Interpersonal awareness - You navigate complex group dynamics with ease and adjust how you relate to others in real time
- No ego - You enjoy making clients succeed and appreciate that that means your contribution is sometimes behind-the-scenes