Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismics platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Our product marketing team inspires companies to choose Seismic to help them take their enablement efforts to the next level. We do that through crafting compelling, differentiated messaging, developing buyer-centric GTM strategies, leading product launches and post-launch growth, and having a deep understanding of the market. We work with teams across the company to enable our customer-facing teams, create the narratives that fuel our marketing efforts, and help shape the product roadmap.
What you will be doing:
Were looking for an experienced product marketer to spearhead product marketing for Lessonly by Seismic, the #1 training & coaching solution for go-to-market teams. In this role, you will develop messaging, content and enablement resources for sales, solutions engineering, and CS. Youll lead major product launches, and drive on-going growth for your product area. Youll use your deep understanding of the training & coaching landscape -- including industry and buyer trends and competitors -- to shape our positioning, GTM strategies, and help identify and size market opportunities.
Specific activities include:
- Craft audience-centric messaging, positioning and content
- Develop foundational materials such as buyer journeys, personas, and content maps
- Lead major product launches, including developing GTM and launch plans, naming, making pricing & packaging recommendations, creating messaging frameworks & collateral, and partnering cross-functionally on execution
- Partner with PM to establish the go-to-market vision and strategy for Lessonly by Seismic, including identifying and defining market opportunities and helping build business cases for expanding market presence or entering new markets
- Create and maintain enablement materials such as playbooks and deliver internal trainings
- Serve as market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for Lessonly by Seismic and interface with sales enablement, industry analysts, customers and prospects
- Establish strategies to drive retention, upsell and cross-sell for the product area
- Monitor and report on the performance of the product area, results of related sales and marketing and efforts, and identify opportunities to improve
What you will bring to the team:
- Exceptional written and verbal storytelling ability, including synthesizing insights and ideas into simple, succinct narratives.
- Proven ability to work with product and go-to-market teams to bring new products to market and meet or over-achieve goals.
- Strong ability to understand complex considerations and then frame in a simple manner to drive collective understanding, alignment, and decision-making.
- Experience using customer, competitive and market intelligence to inform product roadmap and GTM strategy.
- Analytical chops with the ability to create light-weight dashboards and models.
- Collaborative, creative, impactful and resourceful.
- 8+ years experience in product marketing at a SaaS company, preferably in the sales enablement or training & coaching software industry.
- MBA, EMBA or equivalent a plus.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid parental leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.