Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
This role calls for a proactive, technically-inclined Product Manager capable of independently driving our Platform products forward. We are looking for someone who has spent several years in Enterprise Software Product Management, who can focus on driving the foundational shared platform services for Fairmarkit to support the scale and reliability needed for the continued growth of our customer base. You will own the vision, strategy, and execution of Fairmarkits core platform services such as Identity & Access Management (IAM) services, messaging, notifications, and others. This is a great opportunity to be a critical part of an innovative, fast-growing team!
- Directly own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Fairmarkits core platform services that power key end user experiences. These services include Identity & Access Management (IAM) services, messaging, notifications, and others; Communicate your product strategy to executives, customers, and partners.
- Perform market analysis to identify opportunities and their associated business outcomes. Includes performing competitive analysis and interacting with our strategic customers to understand the direction that their business is moving towards.
- Ensure active collaboration with cross-functional teams within Fairmarkit. Collaborate with other product teams at Fairmarkit to drive effective product integrations.
- Create and prioritize a multi-release feature roadmap, in collaboration with customer success, sales, and engineering.
- Develop detailed, crisp requirements, user stories, and product specifications.
- Lead beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and platforms, incorporating feedback into product enhancements.
- Partner with field teams, marketing, and customers on go-to-market plans.
- Represent Fairmarkit as a product expert at customer interactions, corporate events, and through community sites and social media.
- Represent the customer; Be the champion and voice of strategic customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships.
- Measure success and impact of your products and identify expansion opportunities.
- Expertise in customer engagement applications, business intelligence and enterprise application platform development.
- Experience in driving shared platform services that can be leveraged by other product teams to drive end user experiences; Includes broad understanding of the following areas:
- Identity & Access Management platforms such as Okta and PingFederate.
- Entitlement, Role Based Access Control, and Permission Sets.
- Messaging systems such as Twilio, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
- Notification capabilities via email and in-app notification.
- Audit Logging of end user actions.
- Understand and communicate the competitive landscape and the problems experienced by target personas.
- Align your strategy across the broader product organization and overall product strategy; Collaborate with other product teams to drive dependencies.
- Deliver great solutions by collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams including Documentation, Product Marketing, and Training.
- Partner with your engineering team to establish a clear product roadmap; groom the product backlog and represent the products capabilities during development.
- Continue to extend vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience leading end-to-end product realization from concept to release.
Everything else that matters
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical roles.
- 4+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, define and deliver products.
- Passionate about working with developers, architects and product managers and deeply care about the developer experience.
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Lean Startup, Scrum, or similar.
- Prior knowledge about Okta, PingFederate, and Twilio is a big plus.
- A sense of humor and grace under pressure.
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.