The Product Team at Motional creates the central vision for our autonomous vehicle fleet, working across the engineering, business development, and operations teams to design and deliver a product that is safe, reliable, and accessible for our passengers.
About this position:
As a Product Manager, you will focus on understanding current and future user needs, industry and technology trends, and customer and partner requirements. The requirements from these learnings will be used to develop products that will shape the fast-moving Autonomous Vehicle (AV) industry. Your leadership will be necessary to manage the development of new high profile products, prioritize new features for launch, and manage the products development throughout its lifecycle. To do this, you will work closely with users, designers, engineering, and sales and marketing teams.
Our Product Managers are high-energy people that use superb interpersonal and communications skills to work equally well with team members, support organizations, internal customers, and executives. They bring a holistic view and leadership style and are considered a focal point in the organization. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity with analytics skills to create customer value and finding a way to move things forward amid competing forces.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What youll do:
- Work directly with our Planning & Controls (P&C) team to develop a deep understanding of the technology and help prioritize and detail feature requirements
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams developing supporting software to identify P&C needs and feature requests and communicate them to relevant teams
- Identify areas of improvement through testing data, drivelogs, and work with program managers and tech leads to incorporate into roadmap
- Align strategy of our P&C system with other components across the stack, such as mapping and simulation
- Utilize strong customer and business acumen to guide the product vision through difficult decision points during development
- Represent the product team and champion the product through the go-to-market process working with global marketing and sales colleagues to ensure a clear product position and impactful launch
What youll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of Product Manager experience
- Previous experience developing and managing products with complex software & hardware integration, preferably on a robotics or autonomous technology based product
- Previous experience launching a new product, working with operations teams to ensure smooth execution
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working with remote teams
Bonus points (but not required):
- Background in transportation, autonomous technologies, networking technology, or robotics
- Advanced degree (MS / PhD)