Office Tour Photos
The Product Market Strategy Senior Manager is an extension of the Product Lead and will help drive strategy and prioritization across the product line. You spend significant time in market, understanding and responding to industry trends then using that data to build a strategy and product roadmap.
You are accountable for the growth and effectiveness of your product and must be adept at influencing people within and outside of the organization. You will sell the vision of your product, serving as a market-facing spokesperson for prospects and clients. When product messaging does not resonate in market, you will determine why and adjust. You will leverage insight from external meetings to inform the product strategy and product teams. Internally, you will enable sales & marketing teams and empower product owners to understand and act on key market movements.
For new product/feature launches, you will lead the go-to-market strategy and execution inclusive of initial and ongoing pricing packages. You will independently coordinate with partners, Sales, and Marketing to get in market, test positioning, and close early business development opportunities.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
50% Ensure Product/Market Fit for new and existing products
- Inform the development of content and communication for the product launch strategy
- Execute on the go-to-market strategy for new product launches, including coordination of client engagement, feedback, and contracting
- Define value proposition (including development of market-facing proof points), package, pricing framework and P&L where applicable
25% Develop strategic direction through an understanding of customers, market research and analysis
- Support strategic decisions using deep understanding of market trends mapped to athenahealths products strengths and opportunities and those of our competitors'
- Ensure alignment between Sales/Marketing market segments and product roadmap strategies. Collaborate with Research function within Marketing as needed
- Create product market fit assessments / product gap analysis to inform future product investment and direction
- Meet with executives and users in person to deepen strategic understanding of incentives and use-cases
- Evaluate business cases for major roadmap initiatives and inform build/buy/partner decisions
- Conduct business performance analysis to support gross margin improvements through product partners and vendor efforts
- Support business development and deal activity as a Product subject matter expert
25% Communicate strategy and create feedback loops between Market and Product
- Partner with product leaders and high-level executives to influence their product strategy and shape the vision of athenahealth products
- Educate and inspire product teams with the latest emerging market trends and analysis to elevate the overall Product teams capabilities
- Evaluate and respond to top product optimization opportunities from clients; support resolution of product related prospect & client escalations
- Participate in sales activity as needed to represent product leadership, including assessing prospective clients for service fit and readiness to serve as development partner
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred; Degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 7+ years professional experience, inclusive of 3+ years of product management or strategy
- Ability to lead market research and data-driven analysis, gathering perspectives from a variety of sources. Combine with business strategy to define a path forward
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence senior executives and lead presentations to external audiences, especially enterprise clients
- Ability to self-manage as well as participate effectively as part of an extended, cross-functional team
- Understanding of product management best practices and technical capabilities, including agile development
More Jobs From