Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Over the past five years, we have developed a data-driven decision-making culture underpinned by experimentation. As a result, we have significantly improved the health care billing experience for patients on our platform. We are now approaching the next step of our evolution as we seek to introduce more sophisticated personalization into our products. This will focus on using our experimental data to craft, develop and utilize machine learning models to drive personalization, develop recommendations, and enable automation of ML-driven patient engagement tactics.
Cedar is looking for a Senior Product Manager in our new Decision Squad. This person will be focused on building the infrastructure and tools that will enable machine learning and experimentation at Cedar while also running experiments along the way to ensure what were building works and is aligned with the Decision Squads vision. The Decisions Squads customers are product teams and data scientists who will use our infrastructure and tools to drive fast and powerful product experimentation and optimization.
At a high level, the role will involve:
- Product discovery: driving product discovery with our internal teams to identify needs and opportunities related to experimentation and optimization.
- Product development: working with your squad (design, engineering, and data science) to execute on the roadmap.
- Collaborating with commercial teams and product teams: manage relations with commercial and products teams to gain an understanding of the key problems to focus on and how we plan to solve them.
- Define what success looks like: ensure the team is operating with a shared understanding of objectives and squad vision.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of hands-on product management experience working directly with engineers and data scientists, ideally building ML-enabled products and tools
- Broad understanding of ML platforms like AWS Sagemaker and ML techniques
- Track record of successful delivery of sophisticated, technical products
- Ability to drive product strategy and execution of a product roadmap in a cross-functional squad
- Strong analytical and data-driven approach
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Ability to cohere a new team and help align around common objectives
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Prior knowledge of the healthcare space (providers, insurance companies, tech companies), specifically within the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) space
- Technical background, Engineering / CS degree
- Basic/intermediate SQL
- Based in NYC (open to remote candidates)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Visibility across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, 401k matching, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Senior Product Manager roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.