Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Nitro is a data science and analytics platform focused on the commercial life sciences industry. The Nitro team is seeking an experienced product person who will be responsible for designing and bringing to market new cutting-edge features focused on enabling Nitros growing data scientist user base.
If you are a Data Person who is passionate about technologies such as Big Data, analytical data modeling, SQL, Python, EMR, S3, Kafka, Arrow Flight, youll love this gig and wed love to talk with you.
As a member of the team, you will need to hit the ground running, be comfortable in front of customers and technical audiences. work closely with sales, consulting, and engineering to construct product roadmaps and define detailed product specifications. To be successful you must be able to go broad and go deep - think strategically to define your vision, and then craft detailed designs and effectively communicate with your Engineering, QA, and UX peers.
What You'll Do
- Define and evolve the picture of success for Nitro Platform and all that it entails.
- Bring together the right data and technology to build delightful platform features that enable data scientists and analysts to do their work efficiently
- Own and advance the Nitro data pipeline framework in the areas of procedural data processing and machine learning.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning Product, Design, Development, QA, Marketing, Sales, and Support.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills able to clearly and simply express complex ideas to business leaders, IT professionals, and engineering.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Be able to understand the breadth of the Veeva Nitro product line and how customers use it, as well as technical details especially in owned areas.
- Experience in designing big data pipelines and enrichment strategies
- Experience in platform design principles and columnar data technologies such as Apache Parquet, Arrow, Arrow Flight, Spark
- Experience in designing API-level integrations with external, third-party applications and services
- Embrace a fast-paced, dynamic environment that comes with being part of a new product team
- Be comfortable with technical topics in the data warehousing space and be able to do productive research in areas that are unfamiliar
- Keep user experience top of mind when designing features, while at the same time understand the technology stack so that features are aptly designed and well thought through.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- 4+ years of product management experience or relevant industry experience.
- Bachelors degree or higher
Nice to Have
- Experience with best of breed business intelligence tools
- Experience as a technical product manager or equivalent
- An eye for visual design and user experience design
- An understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing, and/or cloud technologies
- Prior work in software development, or computer science degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].