Office Tour Photos
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready* for a change?
Data Platform & Data Science teams responsibilities range from building infrastructure for collecting and processing data from restaurants and their guests, to developing platforms and tools to make it easy for teams across Toast to use data and machine learning. Our customers are internal and include Product Managers, Finance, Marketing, and Compliance professionals.
As a Senior Product Manager of Data Platform and Data Science, you will spearhead initiatives that will transform the strategy and architecture surrounding Toasts rich data set of everything that goes into a dining experience. This is a new role (Data Platform has been engineering-only historically) and highly strategic in its ability to make significant business impact. You will focus on exploring opportunities with a diverse data set - turning those opportunities into revenue opportunities for Toast along the top and bottom line. You will work directly with Product and Engineering leadership to craft our growing landscape of data and machine learning technologies into a delightful product experience.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with the Senior Director of Product Management in creating a well thought out product vision and strategy for the data platform initiative.
- Become the owner of your product, taking responsibility for the creation of product specs, business analysis for prioritization, product performance metrics and product roadmaps.
- Work to understand the pain and opportunity of your internal customers - Toasts software teams. Synthesize that data into quantifiable opportunity that can be directly translated into product platform roadmap.
- Understand what is possible today vs. what requires additional investment, and steer our customers to the right solutions based on the timeliness of their needs.
- Define OKRs with the team while tracking progress against them regularly, and communicate plans and progress to cross-functional partners.
- Thoughtfully prioritize and balance our portfolio of longer-term foundational investments vs. shorter-term iterative projects.
- Define SLAs based on customer needs for data availability and observability.
- Use discovery and delivery standard methodologies to deliver on the strategy. Continuously assessing needs, defining proposals of value and delivering incremental value.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis. Understand how competitors are leveraging data to compete in win and in the space.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of product experience working within a platform team
- Excellent analytical abilities with the ability to anticipate and design analytical products
- Strong proficiency with data science technology, modeling and statistical theory
- Proficiency with data engineering technology (Familiarity with DynamoDB, S3, Kafka, Docker and/or Spark is a plus)
- Proven track record of solving amorphous problems, listening to and organizing large amounts of information into a coherent plan forward, and handling difficult prioritizations
- Proficiency in running SQL queries with limited assistance
- A plus: you have worked as an engineer in big data, machine learning or data science
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
More Jobs From