Immuta is the leader in secure Data Access, providing data teams one universal platform to control access to analytical data sets in the cloud. Only Immuta can automate access to data by discovering, securing, and monitoring data. Data-driven organizations around the world trust Immuta to speed time to data, safely share more data with more users, and mitigate the risk of data leaks and breaches. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Immuta is trusted by the top U.S. bank, two of the top three top pharma companies in the world, the world's top luxury car brand, and many other large enterprises across industries
In the past 12 months, Immuta has increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) by more than 100 percent, doubled its customer base, doubled the number of employees, and is now valued at over $1B.
- Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $267 million in total funding. Investors include NightDragon, Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
-Hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland; and London
About the Role
In the Core Policy Product Manager role, you will set even higher standards for industry leading data protection and privacy enhancing technologies. As data handling regulations increase in number and complexity, so do the policy implementations. You will develop products that satisfy multiple customer stakeholders' needs so that they can unlock the full value of their data and facilitate activities like data collaboration in complex enterprise environments.
You will participate and lead product research that builds strong business cases for new features and improve upon existing features. Customers look to us to build high leverage capabilities like data subscription and masking policies with and without coding.
You will understand the day-to-day workflow of the customers through enterprise buyers, Immuta sales, marketing and customer support to translate customer needs into concise one-pagers. You will collaborate with UX and engineering teams to build easy to use and scalable Immuta features to delight customers and grow Immuta adoption.
You will partner closely with your engineering team to manage your backlog well and to help your talented team of engineers understand the customer value in the work that they are doing. Helping the team to empathize with customers, sharing and refining detail where it is useful and resolving blockers will be a part of your weekly responsibilities.
What Your Day to Day Looks Like
- Product Managers at Immuta are passionate about solving complex technical problems while delivering business impacting results, excellent customer experience, achieving product objectives, and working with multiple partners.
- Collaborating with our customers, cross-functional leaders and other product squads.
- Partnering with your technical team to establish a tech plan and QA plan.
- Proactively participate in squad agile/scrum rituals to execute and remove blockers.
- Close partnership with our UX team to create best-in-class user experiences.
- Close partnership with the QA team and experiencing the product.
- Writing concise product one-pagers that convey the what and the why for product improvements related to your domain.
- Prioritized items and upcoming backlog items include requirements, a measurable definition of success and a definition of done.
- Tracking metrics that speak to the success of your product areas and OKRs.
- Socializing the roadmap and planning board for your product squad.
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud computing technologies/platforms, data warehouses, data engineering, APIs, ETL/ELT and SQL such as Snowflake, Databricks, Spark or query engines like Trino/Starburst.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise software and SaaS products.
- Proven experience working with customers and cross functionally to deliver results in the product role; including product discovery, written requirements, stakeholder communication/alignment and collaboration with UX and engineering teams.
- Proven experience influencing and executing on a roadmap to deliver customer value.
- Understanding of US and global data control and compliance policies such as GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA
- Experience working with CISO, CDO, DataOps, DataSecOps or Compliance Managers
- Demonstrated experience with access control or data governance
- Knowledge in information retrieval and search
- Experience working with data systems in an enterprise setting
- Hands-on experience using APIs and understand design trade-offs
- Ability to organize and analyze data from multiple sources
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in hybrid or cloud architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Virtues that Make Product Team Members Successful
- High Integrity -- You deliver your commitments on-time without someone pushing you to do so. If you make a verbal commitment, you deliver it.
- Domain expertise -- Data engineering, data platforms, and B2B enterprise software are in your DNA. You have a solid understanding of the cloud data domain and the modern data stack.
- Impactful -- You value impact. Everything you do as a Product Manager is in service of the customer and the business.
- Productive -- We have a lot to do. You are able to put your head down and GSD. You consistently produce high quality outcomes.
- Flexible & Adaptable -- You are comfortable being uncomfortable. You adapt to the evidence that we collect and to the voice of the customer to find the next right step.
- Bias Towards Informed Action -- You value running to contact while collecting evidence and building convincing business cases for your team. You understand that we learn fastest and best when we are out of our comfort zone.
- Deep Customer Empathy -- You value spending time with our customers and prospects. The product that we build is in service of them. You work hard to break the echo chamber, find the voice of the customer and advocate for their needs to the team.
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.