Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Were looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us deliver on our bold mission. If you want to change the way healthcare is delivered and youre looking for an opportunity to build world-class enterprise telehealth products, this is the job for you!
What will you be doing? You will help drive the evolution of member access and adoption of our new Converge platform, guiding efforts dedicated to its development and extension of our market leadership. You will be responsible for researching and deeply understanding customer needs, helping to define and prioritize the roadmap, and delivering engagement technology to market. You will also have the opportunity to help manage and evolve our processes around how we deliver product to market.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong, proactive leader with a bias for action, capable of establishing a shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution, and autonomously driving multiple projects in parallel.
- A product leader who values empathetic product fundamentals such as sitting with customers and truly understanding their world, and also sitting with the developers and digging into the details as owners of the specific product or feature.
- Someone who has an innate ability to simplify complex and technical concepts, and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts in order to release high-quality products via delegation across individual contributors.
Product Strategy & Roadmap:
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap for consumer engagement and adoption to bring the best solutions to market. Ensure the roadmap aligns with the overall product portfolio and company vision.
- Partner closely with our Engagement Marketing team to: define and enable a unified consumer experience throughout the entire funnel, align and implement martech stack and vendors, synthesize customer feedback, and collaborate on solutions that increase consumer engagement and utilization.
- Evangelize the product strategy and roadmap constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going and why.
- Define business cases for product enhancements/features and new opportunities. Present and obtain buy-in from senior product and executive leadership.
- Own and prioritize the quarterly plan of features and enhancements for your product area. Advocate within the company for your required resources, inclusive of vendor selection
- Pilot and lead installation of new engagement technology capabilities within the client base.
- Be the expert on your customers, market, domain and trends. Interact with customers and utilize data to identify customer needs opportunities.
- Represent the customer in all things. Be the champion and voice of customers. Bring the customer's voice into everything you do.
- Investigate and analyze requests from customers, internal stakeholders, and partners.
- Monitor the ongoing success of your features. This includes but is not limited to impression and adoption measurement, utilization and retention measurement, end user and client feedback and population segmentation and targeting success measurement.
- Define requirements for product enhancements/features, and work with our design and engineering teams to deliver the best customer experience possible and help achieve business goals.
- Prioritize and oversee your product portfolios backlogs ensuring Epics and Stories are ready for development. Partner with Visual Design and Engineering in an agile framework to bring winning solutions to market.
- Influence a cross functional team of product managers, engagement campaign operations, clinical services managers to drive coordinated development and implementation of engagement technology capabilities.
- Work with Product Marketing to create product positioning and value propositions that enable us to sell and differentiate Amwells solution against the competition.
- Manage marketing technology vendors with whom we bring integrated solutions to market.
- Serve as consumer engagement documentation lead and subject matter expert for internal teams that have product questions, feature requests, and other product related needs.
- Collaborate in evolving our day-to-day product delivery operations.
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, high energy, strategic leader with a strong sense of urgency and a performance-based track record of driving product growth and experience with managing agile product development processes. A driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence.
- 7+ years software product management experience, ideally with an enterprise SaaS product.
- 3+ years experience working with consumer engagement and activation solutions.
- Proven ability to set a product vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional team to execute.
- Solid grasp on software product management fundamentals and frameworks.
- Proven ability to transform market needs into a successful product strategy.
- Proven ability to deliver product capabilities to market and oversee a successful launch working through and with cross functional teams.
- Understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Passion for building engaging user experiences to ensure features drive high adoption and customer enthusiasm.
- Ability to drive the agenda in usability/UX discussions with Visual Design and technical architecture discussions with Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, translate to customer and business implications, manage tradeoffs and facilitate decision-making.
- Experience presenting to and influencing executive leadership.
- Able to make decisions and facilitate decision making leveraging data wherever possible.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Ability to quickly shift and prioritize requirements and initiatives to drive revenue.
- Creative and analytical thinker who thrives on solving challenging, undefined problems.
- Experience implementing, managing and evolving product development processes.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- History of providing recommendations to senior management and advice to others.
- Experience managing software products in the healthcare space a plus.
Product Management: Proactive, forward thinking, and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Management team at Amwell. This innovative team manages the product roadmap, designs experiences that delight users, works with development teams to implement the product vision, and works closely with current and future customers as the product experts of the Amwell family. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, communicating the products value across all other Amwell teams and to our customers.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast-paced, and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $130,640 - $179,630. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwells Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinics second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance