Journey Meditation is on a mission to help all people live happier, healthier lives. We believe in the power of human connection, and that meditation is more impactful when done with others. We're building the world’s largest meditation community, both online and off, and recently launched Journey LIVE, the world’s first group meditation app. TechCrunch called us "Peloton for Meditation" and AlleyWatch said we're "A Meditation Studio in the Palm of Your Hand".
We’re seeking a passionate Product Manager to inform and execute our roadmap as we continue to help and delight students around the globe. You will develop and execute strategies to maximize retention, engagement, acquisition and retention efforts while working closely with our Head of Product, Marketing, and Founder & CEO. This is a highly cross-functional role, requiring knowledge of of product management, design, development, customer success, A/B Testing, analytics, and user insight. Because we are a small (but growing!) startup, you’ll get your hands dirty with data, while working high-level to craft the strategy.
About Journey Meditation
Journey is building a supportive, inclusive community that facilitates growth and connection. We teach in-person group meditation in organizations and communities around the world and offer daily guided classes digitally through the new Journey LIVE app. We’re currently teaching onsite in 20 cities and growing quickly. We recently raised our Seed Round from great investors, so it is an exciting time for us to scale our team, our clients, and, most importantly, our impact.
Our company culture is immensely important to us and we look for people who will support and build it. We are an emotionally safe environment where we show up authentically and bring our whole self to work. We feel safe to take risks, be vulnerable in front of each other, and make mistakes. We believe in continuous personal and professional growth and we will do our part to help you on that journey. Feedback is not helpful, but required. Only through open, compassionate feedback can we grow. We trust our team fully and our business information is shared openly with all team members. We are optimistic and see the glass as 3/4 full. We believe that the power of our mission and effort will allow us to flourish. We focus on strengths more than weaknesses and opportunities more than problems.
In this job, you will:
- Lead ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products & features for the Journey LIVE platform
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Align and motivate a cross-functional team on product-level roadmap
- Drive product development with a team of engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Journey Meditation's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in industry
- You have at least 4-7 years experience in a cross functional product focused role
- Comfortable working with data, market research, and supporting growth marketing efforts
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members including executive-level
- Evident understanding of design & UX fundamentals
- Capable of creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Demonstrable experience launching, iterating and scaling products & features
- Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance: Journey contributes to a portion of the medical insurance premium, provided through Aetna
- Work from Home: To provide flexibility, all team members may work from home one day per week
- Paid Time Off: Team members receive 3 weeks of paid time off and unlimited unpaid personal days off
- Wisdom Money: Team members receive $1,000 per year to spend on personal development activities, such as meditation classes and retreats, as they see fit
- Complimentary Journey Classes & Courses: Team members can participate in unlimited number of Journey classes and courses