Senior Product Manager
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, profitable, high-growth technology company that serves a large and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are disrupting the cloud computing market and are working on solving some of the most challenging technical problems around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead product within our Compute, Storage and Network products and services. Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior Product Manager will lead a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design, Engineering and Infrastructure to define build products and features supporting the core vertical they are in.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated product managers, designers and engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS or B2B Software development who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by thousands of developers worldwide. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the vertical product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and create user stories.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training and collateral.
- Create and drive a community engagement plan.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Leadership: ability to lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Customer Focus: a solid understanding of the challenges that face developers when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products can help
- Technical Knowledge: the ability to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product, and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Data Driven Approach: ability to articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project KPI impact of new features
- Verbal and Written Communication: the ability to lead productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents, on a technically sophisticated product
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of connected products and maintaining alignment across multiple product teams in at least one previous role.
- Managed one entire product development cycle from concept to launch.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience talking with developers in their own language to come to the best solution from the beginning (hobby or professional coding experience in any language is a plus).
- Experience with B2C product management is a plus.
- Past success in shaping software products with an eye on ease-of-use.
- Successfully managed a complex technical product.
- MBA is a plus.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.