WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer, Touch-Based Interfaces with a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer.
You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
By partnering with cross-functional teams and customers, you will turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Setting design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identifying new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyzing how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Staying up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinating with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Modifying and revising existing designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Working closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Presenting product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process
- Experience in mobile and touch base interfaces
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of work, demonstrating a strong understanding of objectives
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Other tasks and duties as required
REPORTS TO: Head of Product Design
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.